Walker Warner Architects is an award-winning San Francisco firm with a staff of 70+ that has completed many residential, winery and hospitality projects in California, Hawaii and other Western states. Our work is tailored to the uniqueness and diversity of each client and place, maintaining a consistent focus on design excellence, thorough project management and superior service. We believe in collaboration, continuous learning and sharing, and actively support candidates on the path to become licensed architects. Our office is friendly and spirited, with regular happy hours, field trips and design-focused presentations. We are conveniently located in SoMa within walking distance of all major transit systems.
- Accredited degree in architecture
- Seven to ten years of related professional experience, preferably including design and detailing experience on high-end custom residential projects
- Technical knowledge of Type V construction
- Demonstrated 3D modeling/BIM proficiency (Archicad preferred, but not required)
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Support the development of the design, working in collaboration with the clients, Principal, Senior Project Manager and other members of internal and external teams
- Oversee production, organization and coordination of the BIM model and drawing set as required for presentations, agency approvals and construction
- Coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, contractors and agency officials
- Assist to develop and track project delivery plan, staffing, budget and schedule
- Research and specify materials, products and systems
- Attend jobsite meetings, oversee RFI responses, submittals and shop drawing review during Construction Administration
- Coach and mentor junior staff, share information and lessons learned to increase the firm’s common knowledge
Compensation and Benefits
Walker Warner Architects offers a competitive compensation package including fully paid health benefits, profit sharing, 401(k), generous paid time-off and flexible spending accounts.
The hiring salary range for this position is $110,000 - $129,000. Any offer of compensation will be determined by a candidate’s education, skills, and experience as assessed during the interview process.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted. We will acknowledge receipt of your information, but only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls. Reposting this job description elsewhere is not permitted.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
We currently require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical and religious reasons.)
We value diversity and know that diverse workplaces lead to a culture of innovation and more successful business outcomes. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times